- "The garage should be seen as an extension of the home and not an add-on. Prettying it up will improve the appearance of your entire property."
- "Use accent lighting to highlight specific objects or features of a room. Concealed lighting behind a pelmet can show off the curtains, and lights above a picture or painting will draw them out to great effect."
- "The trick to making a mint through property makeovers is not to look at the property as it is now, but to imagine what it is going to be like."
- "Always buy a property under market value, and you will make your first gain before you even commence your renovation."
- "More than 50% of buyers will come back to look again at your house at night. So invest in some outdoor lighting to create a stunning effect."
- "Don't over improve a home. Transforming a modest suburban semi into Buckingham Palace may appear to be an admirable goal, but it's not one that is going to make you rich. Ensure that your renovations meet or slightly surpass what is already available in your area."
- "Only use trades who can supply you with at least two references from other jobs and are prepared to give you their names and contact details so you can speak to them."